As Major Lazer has skyrocketed to the most popular EDM act in the world, they’ve also been rebranding. Moving towards more thoughtful messaging that promotes internationally awareness and peace. I was tasked with creating a video that would be on point with this direction and create buzz online in a meaningful way.
- Was inspired by the images of Omran Daqneesh, the Syrian boy covered in dust in the back of an ambulance after his house was bombed.
- Took the tragedy and transformed it into a moving piece of content that helped inform the world of the young victims of the Syrian conflict. This socially conscious message also fell inline with Major Lazer’s brand of international awareness.
- Worked with the label and PR to write the messaging for the release.
- Helped raise donations for the nonprofit Save the Children.
- To date has 8.6m views.
Working with Bill Barminski under Walter Robot Studios we are frequent collaborators with Death Cab for Cutie. We worked with bassist Nick Harmer on three animated videos.
- Worked with bassist Nick Harmer to develop stories that were inline with the songs and brand.
- "Grapevine Fires" won LA Film Festival: Best Music Video 2009, was nominated for an MTV VMA and an MTV Woodie Award.