In 2007 Bill Barminski and I founded Walter Robot Studios, an art and animation studio. Our work has screened at Sundance Film Festival, won an LA Film Festival award, nominated for MTV VMAs, and been hosted in opera houses and art galleries around the world.
- Directed and animated a trio of animated videos for Death Cab for Cutie.
- "Grapevine Fires" was nominated for two MTV VMAs and won LA Film Festival's Best Music Video Award.
- Animated 100 year old opera, The Cunning Little Vixen, with the world renown Cleveland Orchestra and opera director Yuval Sharon.
- We projected the story onto three 30x16ft screens behind the orchestra. Backstage there were portal doors that the singers could open, pop their heads out and sing in place of the animated characters.
- In 2017 we were invited to stage the opera at one of the highest regarded symphony halls in the world, the Musikverein.
ANIMATED ART PROJECTS
- We created an art installation using hand crafted sculptures out of cardboard and painted everything white with black outlines. Including spray cans, cassette tapes, Beats headphones, Air Jordans, skateboards, a cannon, etc.
- We directed and produced videos that brought the cardboard sculptures to life.
- Led to Bill working with renown artist Banksy doing the entrance to Dismaland.