XOXO came out of my experience growing up as a DJ in the SoCal rave scene. I wanted to create the experience of a massive music festival in a coming of age film. I wrote the story, directed, branded and helped launch the film with Netflix.
- Netflix gave us $1.2m budget. 20 day shoot. 80 person crew, and we shot at 3 live music festivals.
- Collaborated with Netflix marketing and PR on social media launch making several :10 teaser clips.
- Worked with EDM fashion line Electric Family and curated a capsule collection for XOXO merchandise. They sold out.
- Worked with Warner Music on the XOXO Soundtrack, including making an exclusive music video.
- Made a 3 minute short about the whole insane experience of putting this all together.
- 1.7m views on the trailer, 43k Facebook followers and a shout out from Netflix's head honcho Reed Hastings.